ICAPE offers a wide range of solutions for Heavy Copper structure. We propose to meet your PCB needs and brings you the better compromise between technology and cost.
Issue: Interest in Power Electronics has grown dramatically in the last few years with increasing need for Electric Power management and control (Smart Grid), renewable energy generation and control (wind power, photovoltaic, etc) electric transportation, and the desire to improve operating efficiency of heavy systems (trains, industrials motors, electric vehicle, etc).
Faced with every physical or economic constraint, ICAPE offers thick copper PCB solutions through adapted PCB Technologies. (Single Side, Double Side, Multilayers, PCB with extra thick copper on holes; Copper Inlay with DS up to ML.
The construction of a heavy copper circuit endows a board with benefit such as:
- increased endurance to thermal strains
- increased current carrying capacity
- increased mechanical strength at connector edges and PTH holes
- use of exotic materials to their full potential without circuit failure
- reduced product size by incorporating multiple copper weights on the same layer of circuitry
- heavy copper plated vias for higher current through the board and help to transfer heat to an external heatsink, or on board high power density for planar transformers.
What is "Heavy Copper"?
From ½ oz up to 3 oz : standard copper thickness
From 4 oz up to 6 oz : heavy copper
From 10 up to 30 oz : super heavy copper
How can we design heavy copper or super heavy copper PCB?
- PCB technology choice: Single sided up to ML 16.
- Base Material Choice: High performance FR4 , Low CTE, High CTI, CAF resistant , High Tg , Polyimide
- Trace Calculation